Welcome to my Blog!!!

Welcome to my Blog!!!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 22, 2014

What is a Public Service Announcement? If you don't know what it is, Google it. In your own words, now tell me what it is? What are they used for? Can you recall an example of a PSA you've seen before?

A public service announcement is an advertisement that a radio or television station airs for a specific cause or for charity. A public service announcement is not paid advertising. A broadcaster can donate time for the PSA to be announced. Once when I was listening to the radio, I heard them say to make sure and donate to the Salvation Army Bell ringers. This is definitely an example of a PSA. Now when i listen to the radio and watch television, I am going to keep my eyes out for PSA's.

No comments:

Post a Comment